Sunday, April 16, 2006

First Day in the Hopper...



Hi Gang...

Well the first day of the Flytec Championship is in the hopper... Only one rigid made it back to Quest, which was the final goal... Lots of headwinds to fight as the wind increased from the NW all day...

I was assigned my tug this morning, a Dragon Fly with an 85 HP Rotax... Being used to the 115 HP Turbo engine I expected to feel a bit under-powered... Pleasant suprise to find this ship up to the task of hauling the rigid and flex wings to the lift, albeit, a bit more slowly... This indeed is a ship designed to do one thing well, and that is to tow hang gliders...

Zach and I took a road trip in the afternoon to the Super Market and I replaced all the items that I failed to bring with me... Nothing earth shaking, save for a new tooth brush and a few things for the larder...

Time to set the alarm and get some shut-eye... Take care and have fun...

Keep-em-Flying...

Bruce...

No comments: